top of page

About us

Helvetica Light is an easy-to-read font, with tall and narrow letters, that works well on almost every site.



We meet on Sundays at 11.00am for worship and have groups for children and young people. Our service usually lasts around an hour and a half and we have refreshments and cake after each service. People come from all sorts of church backgrounds to CBC and from different church backgrounds or none at all. All are welcome!  

We are a Baptist church, a member of the Baptist Union of Great Britain, the London Baptist Association and also a member of the Evangelical Alliance.

We seek to work with other evangelical churches in the area including St Gabriel's CoE, Willesden Green Baptist church, Claremont Free church, St Peters, and the local YWAM team.

Some of the work we do together is on holiday clubs, prayer walks, joint services, Easter sunrise service and schools work.

People we support:

For a number of years the church has supported Mark and Florina who are missionary's in Romania, our local Christian's Against Poverty centre based at St Gabriel's as well as others.

We try to support someone or a Christian charity internationally, nationally and then something local.

Our pastor:

Rev Stephen MacLean left Scotland after studying at the Faith Mission Bible College in Edinburgh, then in Glasgow for his B.A in Theology. He then joined London City Mission and was based in the East of London for 11 years before becoming assistant pastor of a Baptist church in Dagenham and a youth leader of a Baptist church in Ilford.

He became pastor of CBC in 2013. 2023 marks our pastor's 10th Anniversary.

Other church leaders:

Cynthia Andoh (Church secretary)

Lawrence Malpas (Church treasurer)

Lauraine Brathwaite (Safeguarding Deacon)

Carol Gabral-Magbanua  (Deacon)

Peter Andoh (Nationally recognised BU pastor) 

Some of our history:

The main church was built in 1907 and the first service was on Sunday 5th January 1908.

The Daisley Hall on Sneyd road was added in the 1930's and became the main place of worship as the building on Anson road was sold to property developers in 1990 and turned into flats. 

bottom of page